Skip to content
3km east – Great Valley-Vineyard:
– Memorial House “Liviu Rebreanu”
Visiting hours: 9 AM-17 PM. Tel: 0248/220254.
Built in the early twentieth century, the building was purchased in 1930 by the great novelist. Here, Liviu Rebreanu wrote the novel “Uprising” and here Rebreanu died on September 1, 1944. On September 3, 1944, was buried in the church cemetery Great Valley, for then be moved to Belu cemetery in Bucharest.
4km southeast – Ştefăneşti city:
Brătianu Culture Center
– On the left, on a road that climbs the hill, it can reach the center of culture Brătianu Florica villa was owned by the family Brătianu. I draw attention to the great houses of the park on the hill and a marble plaque set in 1973 left the entry inscribed: “In this place was the house where they grew up and spent a part of life Dumitru and Ion Bratianu leaders of Revolution of 1848 in the Romanian Country “.
– Near the villa, outside the park, is Bratianus Church with a unique architecture, built in 1898 by the architect Lecomte de Nouy. The church houses the graves of several family representatives Brătianu: Ion Bratianu, Ionel sons, and Vintilă Constantin Gheorghe I. Bratianu, son of Ion Bratianu and others.
– 6 km south of Pitesti, in the same city, it is a church built in the first half of the eighteenth century, several crosses epigraphic documents from 1629, 1634, 1717, 1730 and 1785 and a monument to the heroes World War.
Viişoara village 8km south, branch right towards the village Goleşti DL:
-Complex Goleşti Museum – Museum of viticulture and fruit growing in Romania; attested in 1452, the village hosts two important cultural, historical and tourism.
– The Museum Goleşti arranged in Golescu family mansion built in 1640-1642, surrounded by thick walls guarded by towers located at the corners and a gazebo at the gate, offers tourists the opportunity to visit “family Golescu memorial exhibition” History Exhibition 1821-1848 era, which presents antique furniture, tablorui, books and other objects that belonged to empty and close relatives Pedagogical School of Goleşti exhibition where visitors can learn about the materials that give the organization and functioning within the School of Goleşti Romanian general education in the first half of the nineteenth century. Among the exhibits last exhibitions include: course syllabus secondary and philosophical developed by Florian Aaron, various manuals, a primer of 1840, drafted by Romanian Grammar Ienache Văcărescu and printed in Ramnicu Valcea in 1787;
– Museum of Viticulture and Tree of Romania (Tel: 0248/266364) set up in 1966 on an area of 12 hectares, the complex comprises 24 units with 90 different construction and fruit growing areas in the country: Muntenia, Oltenia, Banat, Dobrogea Transylvania (â Apuseni Mountains area and the Alba, Brasov), Moldova (Vrancea) and Maramures a fully Rustic wooden house (sec. XVIII). This objective is part of spcialize museum is considered one of the largest and most important museums in Romania. Here, in construction and special installations, is eight cellars, two Povernei, a wine cellar, a pantry, a shed with punches and other objects;
– In the vicinity you can visit the church “Holy Trinity”, founded architectural monument in the middle of the seventeenth century (1646) by Stroe Leurdeanu and his wife, Visa. Here is kept extremely valuable pieces, among which are the icons on wood from the XVII XVIII;
15kmsud East – Călineşti:
– Local documented along with the city of Pitesti, Călineşti is one of the largest rural settlements in Arges county, comprising 11 villages and two churches architectural monuments, one of wood with beautiful carved open porch and pillars dating from 1735, the other It was built in 1872 and painted in fresco by Ilie Petrescu, painter Costin Petrescu father;
-In The village Rancaciov can visit the former monastery church Rancaciov documented in 1498 during the reign of Vlad the Monk, father of Vlad Tepes. The parish church “Entering the Church” known as the Monastery founder Rancaciov not know, but certifies that place of worship was rebuilt and restored twice: in 1648 by the captain of the butlers Arsene Soimu care, and between 1848- 1852 by Archimandrite David;
20 km southeast town of Topoloveni
– Considered an important center for handicrafts (carpets, sewing, ceramics) and folklore located in Arges river meadow, with more than 10,000 inhabitants city preserves the historic scent of the interwar period, the cradle of Ion Mihalache, founder of the Peasant; the house where he lived Peasant Party leader was declared a historical monument;
– Inuri village, built Topoloveni city offers tourists the opportunity to visit a church built in the eighteenth century by George of Ioannina and his wife Maria, daughter of former abbot of the monastery Aninoasa, Daniil Topoloveanu, Buzau and metropolitan bishop of the Romanian Country between 1719 and 1732;
KM 30 village Priboieni:
– Memorial exhibition “C. Radulescu- Codin “Arges home known folklorist who collected and published folk tales numerous muscelean;
Rich town 40 KM:
– Reserve woodcarving, where they organize an annual international camp;
– Exhibition of folk art, crafts and traditional occupations;
25 kmsud East – Leordeni town:
– Ciolcesti village at the foot of the forest, is memorial house “Dinu Lipatti” (1917-1950), known Romanian pianist and composer, George Enescu famous student and godson, where you can admire some of the artist’s personal items;
– Tourist camp arranged in “House Gusti”, known for state traditional dishes served.